My $0.02 Worth of Thoughts

This blog was created so that I can look back and remember the quirky things that happen in life. It's just a more sophisticated journal/scrapbook. The downside is my family and friends know what's happening in my life before my hubby does! :) Just kidding.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good News

I am finally going permanent at the company I have been working with as a temp for the last 4 months! I guess I am relieved that I don't have to look for another job and thereby be a temp for the next couple of months! With the USA economic outlook right now, it is a wonder any company is hiring. So THANK GOD!
The first thing that popped into my head the moment I got news that I will be hired was "YES! Now I can buy my house." Or, at least submit a loan application. So we went looking for houses yesterday with our friends who were also looking for houses.. Hmm I wonder if Meritage Homes will offer a two for one deal?? hehe..
We have seen the house model we love. Prices have gone down. There are some lots that have already been built and are now on sale. Many upgrades are thrown in like granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, upgraded cabinetry and a jacuzzi tub plus a $20K incentive to use to pay down points or help with closing costs and stuff. People tell me to wait as prices will continue to go down. I believe them. I also believe that when everyone is paranoid and not buying, that should be the best time to buy. I wouldn't want to buy when everyone is coming around and saying yes, the time is now, because then it would signal that the market is picking up... don't you think?
The last time we bought our condo, people told us that the bubble was going to burst anytime. I think the most important question to ask in a situation like this is "Why are you buying a house?" If it is for investment sake, then yes, I probably wouldn't buy at this time since no one knows where the market is headed. If you are buying so you can have a place to live for a while to come, then I would say go for it. The property value will go up again, perhaps not in the next couple of years. But who cares if I have no intention of using the house as a cash cow nor plan to sell it to make a profit. I just want a place to call our own!.
Well, the next couple of months should proof interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home