My $0.02 Worth of Thoughts

This blog was created so that I can look back and remember the quirky things that happen in life. It's just a more sophisticated journal/scrapbook. The downside is my family and friends know what's happening in my life before my hubby does! :) Just kidding.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Updates

Cael has not been feeling well for a while now. He was really down last weekend. Had a fever that will not go away so we called the nurseline a couple of times to get advice. On Sunday, we took him to pediatric urgent care (nothing scary, it's just what it's called when you need to see the doctor immediately instead of making an appointment and waiting a couple of days). Turns out the poor thing has ear infection on both ears. One quite bad, the other mild. Got some anti-biotics to treat the infection. So we are glad we went to see the doc. For some reason, the medical centers don't really want to make appointments for you to see doctors unless necessary. We would have gone earlier if the nurses didn't tell us to keep monitoring his fever. Can you imagine letting my poor baby suffer more days than necessary! :( He is feeling much better today. Has finally started eating again. He stopped eating on Friday, would hardly drink anything. I guess it hurts his ears when he swallows.
So that was some miserable weekend. Made worse because it was our last weekend together before my family leaves me for Mississippi for a whole week! Gerald and Cael will be off visiting with Gerald's family. The plan was made aeons ago and of course I was included too. But then, I started working and it wouldn't have looked good to take a week off. I had wanted us to spend the weekend doing something special, but oh well.
Anyways, I am looking forward to a little break. Is that too revealing of my inner self? :) I guess sometimes the 'demands' (and I use this word loosely) of being a mother and a wife takes its toll. It's nothing to do with them. It's everything to do with wanting to make sure your loved ones are taken care of in the best possible way you know how. So a week of not having to care for anyone but myself sounds really good. I can eat junk food all day long and not worry if they are having nutritious meals. :) I can be out and about as late as I want.
I will update you on this later. My husband says I will come home after dropping them off at the airport and stay in bed all day long missing them. We shall see eh? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home