My $0.02 Worth of Thoughts

This blog was created so that I can look back and remember the quirky things that happen in life. It's just a more sophisticated journal/scrapbook. The downside is my family and friends know what's happening in my life before my hubby does! :) Just kidding.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Recession

Still don't think America in on a recession? The world's largest plumbing supplies distributor has been laying off people due to the housing market taking such a huge downturn. We are even getting 3 minutes motivational videos on our PC telling us to stay encouraged while our co-workers are laid off left and right.
Last week was such a horrible time for me. When our bosses came back from a 4 day meeting, they started calling people in to the office. And one by one, the unfortunate ones got let go. It was a very sad experience for me because I never expected that our dept would be touched by this too. That's because most of us were new hires (well, not me, I am not a permanent staff yet, still under temp agency).
I can only think it is by God's grace that I am still there though truthfully, I am not sure if I will stay there. I am just in a wait and see situation.
And you can know how serious it is when we start getting emails telling us to put our pc on hibernate when we leave instead of screen saver mode because it takes less energy. Every penny counts now.
So I'm kinda in between a rock and a hard place. At the same time I want the house prices to go down, I don't want to be out of a job! haha..

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenji's Dad said...

take it easy (Matthew 6:31-34)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home