My $0.02 Worth of Thoughts

This blog was created so that I can look back and remember the quirky things that happen in life. It's just a more sophisticated journal/scrapbook. The downside is my family and friends know what's happening in my life before my hubby does! :) Just kidding.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Growing Up Baby

My little baby is more a little boy as each day goes by. He is now not interested in going up or down the stairs on his hands and knees. He wants to be just like mama and dada, on his two little feet. He loves being helpful. He reminds me every morning to close the garage door as we leave the house. He also likes to remind us to turn off the light or better yet, he turns them off himself. When I come out from the shower, he brings out my hair dryer and says, "Hair!". He loves helping us put the clothes in the wash. Once it is done, he opens the washer door and wants us to help him put the clothes in the dryer. He comes and leads us to the dryer and say "Dry!". Can you tell he is a little bossy?? His dada says he is silly 24/7. I guess that's why we are keeping him. :)
He is very observant too. One day when his dada took the trash out, he opened the cupboard to get can liners to line the trashcan. We are constantly amazed by the things that he is learning daily. He is a little climber too. Let's just say he knows how to get to what he wants. Nothing deters him. The daycare provider told my husband that one day, he wanted some snacks off the kitchen countertop. So the boy pulled a chair next to the high chair. Climbed on top of the chair onto the high chair, then climbed from the high chair to the countertop to get his snack.
I think this is the stage of "Monkey see, monkey do." We have been careful not to let him see what we don't want him to learn. Nothing bad. Just stuff like cleaning the bathroom. Otherwise, he will be playing with the toilet brush! Yuck!
He is growing up way too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home